Legal practitioner’s case management system is web based software that runs on the internet it can also be install offline. It is developed for legal practitioners to record cases and other activities in their chamber or in the court. It is hosted on the internet and can be accessed anywhere there is internet.
Inspired by a student of Nigeria Law School Kano 2014-2015
FEATURES OF THE APPLICATION.
1. SECURITY: Design with security in mind to avoid unauthorized access. Anybody logging into the system will be provided with strong username and password.
ONLINE AND OFFLINE: The application can be installed online so that users can access it wherever they are that have internet even when they are outside the country or offline if the user went it to be used on a personal computer, but we recommend online as it will protect your application in case something happens to your computer. It can be install on sub domain of your website or on its own domain.
3. RECORD COURT CASE: Database of all the cases you have in court. Any case you recorded will automatically create a portal for that case (just like a file or a folder). On the case portal, you add any information concerning the case, you can add as many as you have, you schedule appointment for court session for that case so that you will be reminded by email two days before the case, upload all documents concerning the case either scan or type on Microsoft document, set the status of the case e.g if the court has ruled over the case, if the case is under investigation etc, Link each clients with the case that concern him or her, etc, add follow up of the case, allocate a case to a lawyer, write all expenses or charges for the case etc. You can create as many cases as you have. You can give other lawyers working the case access to contribute to a case by logging in to the portal and upload their contribution.
- REPORT: Create report of the cases in your system and export them to be used in your computer.
- SEARCH: If you have many cases recorded, you can search for a case by keyword.
5. CLIENTS: You can also register a new client, open a case for him or her, attach all documents related to his or her case, write all follow up of his case on his name etc. schedule appointment with him, request for payment for all expenses you made during a case. Under a client’s name, you can register as many cases as you are working for him or her.
6. ORGANIZATION: List of all organizations registered in the system. You can click on the organization’s name to view its details. You can also register a new organization using the button below. That means you can use the application for all your branches.
7. INTERNAL REQUEST: List of internal requests, such as requests to cover expenses related to a case, which are waiting for approval from office administrators or have recently been approved. You can click on the expense description in the list below to view more information about it.
8. USER: the system is a multiusers system so you can create as many users as you want and give them privileges on what they can do on the system. You can click on the user’s name to view its details. If you are an administrator, you can create new users. That means you can create a username and password for all your staff to be able to login into the system.